With a side of sass
Falling head first into a Café Rio sweet pork quesadilla or lapping up ice cream in the gallons seemed like the best thing to do after my recent loss. I wanted to sulk, cry and binge watch episodes, well actually let’s make that seasons of Grays Anatomy because submerging myself in Mcdreamy drama is a great diversion to life, a strategy I’ve used in the past.
I realized after about a day of this behavior that I wasn’t living by my WWCJD (What would Chanelle Jepson do) You know the type of behavior I try to instill in my clients and readership. What would I tell you to do? The people who follow my holistic lifestyle, welp I would tell you to get off your arse and go shake it. Shake it on an elliptical, on a treadmill, in a HIIT workout, while dancing or walking. Just get out and get those endorphins created!
I’ll get to the workouts in a different post but all I want during this grieving period is comfort food. The kind that makes you warm and fuzzy by injecting your body with warm, sugary comforting goodness.
- 1 box of Annie's Organic Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups of Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Scoop Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1½ TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ Small Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Butter
- ¼ cup Milk (I used unpasteurized milk from Redmond Farms)
- Cook Mac and Cheese according to box, strain, and set aside (don't add any ingredients to pasta yet).
- Steam Cauliflower 6-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- While Cauliflower is cooking heat olive oil in skillet and sautee chopped onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add cauliflower, butter, onions and garlic, organic milk, collagen and cheese packet from mac and cheese to blender and puree until smooth.
- You can increase the milk for the right consistency.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
I created this healthy version of Mac N Cheese, using Annie’s Organic Macaroni & Cheese & Redmond Farms Real Raw Milk It has a serving of veggies and protein snuck right into its buttery, cheesy self.
I Bring to you Cauliflower and Collagen Mac’n’Cheese a creation of grieving love, creativity and a salivating work ethic from yours truly.
Delicious by Chanelle