Green Protein Smoothie
Kale, Bananas, Vanilla Protein Powder, Pineapple
Kale is like the popular new girl at school. Everyone wants her but most don’t know what she’s good for. Okay bad analogy but just go along with it to be nice. Kale is a force to be reckoned with and here are a few of the reasons why.
- Kale is high in iron. (We lose iron through menstruation)
- Kale is high in Vitamin K. Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers. (Also great for your blood vessel health)
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. (Hello internal skin care)
- Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. (Helps with inflamed pimples and muscle pain from lifting or cardio)
- Kale is great for cardiovascular support.(Healthier heart equals happier person.. Okay I made that up but being healthy just makes you feel good)
Kale can be so gross that you need a lot to overtake her. That my friend is why we added pineapple to this green protein smoothie. Pineapple I’d say is the trendiest fruit right now. Have you noticed everyone adorning it? So since these are both super cool, trendy and good for you let’s throw them together for a delightful treat.
1 Small Frozen Banana
2 Cups Kale (cooked or uncooked whichever works best for your body)
4-6 Ounces of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
1 Cup Pineapple (frozen or fresh)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein (I created this for Avisae and used their Daily Indulge shake mix)
1 Cup of Ice
Blend it all together and watch the magic happen!!
Be a peach and share!
No peaches were harmed in the making of this shake.