Starbucks Inspired Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte and Coffee Free Version
We know it’s fall when Pumpkin Spice Latte’s bombard our Instagram feeds along with an influx of mountainous landscapes displaying the changing leaves. Not to mention spandex-clad bums frolicking about in Ugg Boots that are a quintessential must in endless piles of newly fallen leaves.
I personally know it’s fall when my knee joints get stiff. #gymnasticproblems
Ever since I turned over a new leaf and have been serious about being healthy, these delicious, sugar laden CRAPpuccino’s and Pumpkin Spice FATte’s aren’t going to pay my health goal’s proverbial bills. So I hunted down the best Starbucks-inspired Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe I could find and created my own “Mormon/Stomach Problem friendly Coffee-Free” version as well.
I hope you enjoy my fall fashion and I apologize for forgetting the Fall-appropriate boots. 😉
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk, cream, milk of choice, or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (gluten-free, as needed)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 drops of liquid stevia (such as NuNatural’s version) or 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener of choice such as rapadura, maple syrup, honey, etc.
- 1 ½ -2 cups of strongly brewed coffee or 4 shots of espresso with added water to equal 2 cups or if you want a healthier kick use brewed cacao and get some energy from theobromine!
- ¾- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk, dairy-free milk of choice, or cow or goat milk
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on the top, optional
- Coconut Whipped Cream, optional
- Mix the pumpkin puree, tablespoon of milk, spices, and sweetener in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- In a small pot or saucepan, whisk the coffee or cacao and pumpkin mixture together, and heat until at desired temperature.
- In a separate small pot or saucepan, heat the milk of choice, and using a handheld frother, froth it. (I find this works best when the milk is JUST hot, not boiling).
- Divide the coffee mixture into two cups, and pour the foamed milk over it. Top with coconut whipped cream, if desired, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve and enjoy your trendy Starbucks inspired Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte. Selfie and Ugg boots optional!